Not all treats this Halloween have to involve candy! Tonight we watched Charlie and Lola Volume Nine: What Can I Wear for Halloween and absolutely enjoyed it. The title episode follows the delightful sibling duo and their friends as they prepare for their school’s Halloween Party.
Charlie, Lola, Lotta and Marv have been growing a pumpkin all through summer, and it’s enormous. Everyone has decided what costumes to wear, except for Lola. On the day of the party, however, disaster strikes. Bat Boy (otherwise known as Morton from upstairs) splatters the pumpkin and now Lola has a double crisis on her hands.
With 9 different episodes, for a total of 2 hours in length, kids won’t be bored with Charlie and Lola Volume Nine anytime soon. My daughters love Charlie and Lola’s funny accents, and I’m a fan of the unique animation. I think it’s great for them to see such a normal sibling relationship.
The episodes included on this DVD are:
- What Can I Wear for Halloween?
- Everything is Different and not the Same
- I am Goody the Good
- But We Always do it Like This
- I am Going to Save a Panda
- I Slightly Want to go Home
- Do Not Ever Never Let Go
- I Would Actually Like to Keep It
- But I Don’t Really Like This Present
My favorite episode is the double-length Autumn special, Everything is Different and Not the Same. We even did a craft project after watching it, just like Charlie and Lola did! I won’t give away what it is, let’s just say it calls for beautifully-colored leaves.
Enter to win a copy of the fun DVD for your kids! Just leave a comment telling me what they’re dressing up as for Halloween. If you want to buy this DVD, Charlie and Lola Volume Nine: What Can I Wear for Halloween is available on Amazon and at other retailers.
For extra entries:
- Subscribe to my feed (or let me know if you already do).
- Follow me on Twitter (@OhMariana) and tweet about this giveaway: I just entered to win a Fall-themed Charlie & Lola DVD from @ohMariana! http://bit.ly/7cbdy
- Grab my button (at the bottom of the page) and link to me in your sidebar or blog roll.
- Become a fan of Riding With No Hands on Facebook and share this with your friends!
Contest ends: October 18th, 2009 11:59 pm EST. US entries only. Leave a separate comment for each entry & a valid email address/blog URL. Winner, chosen at random, has 3 days to claim their prize.
Other than a product sample, no compensation was received for this post.