Warm up your house with yummy chicken and biscuits! I bake almost everyday in the chilly Fall and winter months, and this dish is super easy and very satisfying. I actually posted this recipe back in October of 2008, but since I just made it this weekend, I thought it worth sharing once again.
Chicken & biscuits
I originally got this from Kraft’s Food & Family Magazine. It used to be mailed out 5 times a year, free of charge, but they’ve since started charging for a subscription. I don’t think it’s worth the $14 (I pay less than that for Everyday Food mag!) and most of the recipes can be found on www.kraftrecipes.com anyway.
You can find the original recipe on the Kraft website; I changed it up a little to make it more figure-friendly. Ingredients:
- 1 can low-fat condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken, seasoned with S&P, thyme, rosemary, etc. (I like to shred it)
- 1 package (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded(the sharper, the better)
- 3 Tbsp. low-fat milk or Half-and-Half
- 1 cup all-purpose baking mix (I use Bisquick)
- Pre-heat oven to 375ºF. Mix soup and 1/2 cup sour cream in a big baking dish (I use a 2-quart). Stir in chicken, vegetables and cheese.
- Stir milk and remaining sour cream into baking mix. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls into 6 mounds on top of chicken mixture. Make sure to not make the dollops of the biscuit mixture too big or they won’t cook through. If you use a regular tablespoon they come out just right.
- Bake 30 – 35 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
What are you baking these days?
This recipe is shared at the Sabroso Saturday link-up, hosted by Latina on a Mission!