Chocolate milk is one of my favorite treats! Lately, I’ve been having a glass of this delicious beverage after my workouts. It has the perfect combination of carbs and protein to help my tired muscles recover, and a high water content to replenish lost fluids, preventing dehydration. Who doesn’t love chocolate milk? Yum!
For the next month, I’ll be sharing recipes with you that have chocolate milk as a main ingredient. Provided by EligeLeche.com, this recipe is also shared at the Sabroso Saturday link-up, hosted by Latina on a Mission! Be sure to follow Bigote de Leche (the famous milk mustache!) on Twitter and Facebook, too.
Chocolate Cookies & Cream Pie
This couldn’t be easier to make! It’s a traditional pudding pie with a chocolate twist. My family loved it! I barely got a chance to take a picture of the final product before it was eaten all up. It tastes like rich, creamy cookies ‘n cream ice cream… but in a pie form.
- 1-3/4 cups low fat chocolate milk
- 1 4.2 oz package cookies and cream instant pudding (like JELL-O Oreo)
- 1 pie crust (6oz)
- ½ cup whipped cream
- Mix the low fat chocolate milk with the instant pudding. I had to improvise here, as the two grocery stores I went to didn’t have cookies ‘n cream pudding mix. Instead, I used vanilla, and after mixing it with the chocolate milk, I folded in some crushed Oreos.
- Add the pudding to the pie crust and refrigerate for at least one hour.
I recommend two to three hours, as it’s easier to slice and serve.
- Makes 6 servings. Serve each slice with whipped cream. I wanted to garnish each slice with a mini-Oreo cookie, but the girls ate them all! So I used a chocolate Goldfish instead.
Disclosure: This is a paid post created in collaboration with Latina on a Mission and Milk Processors Education Program (MilkPEP). All opinions expressed herein are solely my own.