Leanne Marshall from last year’s Project Runway has a blog! She doesn’t update it that often, but what’s there is interesting to read. Check out what she did for New York Fashion Week… beautiful! And now for this week’s roundup:
Interesting Blog Posts
- Impress your kids with the Banana Magic Trick at zakka life.
- Traveling by air soon? Airline Fees: The Ultimate Guide at Smarter Travel is a must read (to save money!)
- Find 14 Fantastic Free WordPress Themes on Mashable.
- Learn about the art of the repeat tweet, according to Guy Kawasaki.
- Robyn shows you How to Take Screen Shots on the iPhone at Robyn’s Online World.
- Watermarking – How to Utilize this as an Advertising Opportunity at DPS inspired me to change the way I do my watermarks, as you can see to the right. Think about how many people see your photos across your various networks – Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, etc. – your friends and friend’s friends. Make the most of it!
On TV This Week
- The View will be featuring the Jersey Shore cast. Say it with me – hot mess. Tuesday, 2/23 at noon EST.
- American Idol. This is when it starts getting good! The top 24 have been picked; time to start cutting it down even more. Thursday, 2/25 at 8pm EST.
- Ladies’ Figure Skating. The gold-medal final. This is my favorite part of the winter olympics! Watch it on Thursday from 8pm EST – midnight on NBC.
- The Marriage Ref. First episode of Jerry Seinfeld’s new show. If you’re a married couple who has a good fight every now and then, you can probably relate. Sunday, 2/28 at 10:30pm EST.
Giveaways around the Blogosphere
- Valentine’s Day has come and gone, but the Tech Savvy Mama has some great giveaways that don’t end until next week (2/28).
- Fit Mom Now is giving away a Kettleworx exercise program, but this ends TONIGHT!
Do you have a giveaway to share? Link up here:
- Did you know that Congenital Heart Defects are the #1 cause of birth defect related deaths worldwide? To help raise research funding and awareness for CHD, MyPunchbowl has partnered with The Children’s Heart Foundation to create the “Spread the Love” campaign. Through this campaign, MyPunchbowl will make a donation to The Children’s Heart Foundation for every recipient who is sent a MyPunchbowl eCard during the month of February. You can read the full press release here: http://pitch.pe/45701 and visit the campaign page here: http://www.mypunchbowl.com/spread-the-love.