One of the most anticipated movies of the summer – DreamWorks Pictures’ THE HELP – is hitting theaters on Wednesday, August 10th!
Based on one of the most talked about books in years and a #1 New York Times best-selling phenomenon, THE HELP is a provocative and inspiring look at what happens when a southern town’s unspoken code of rules and behavior is shattered by three courageous women who strike up an unlikely friendship. From their improbable alliance a remarkable sisterhood emerges, instilling all of them with the courage to transcend the lines that define them, and the realization that sometimes those lines are made to be crossed—even if it means bringing everyone in town face-to-face with the changing times. Deeply moving, filled with poignancy, humor and hope, THE HELP is a timeless and universal story about the ability to create change.
I saw the film last week, and while I’m not allowed to officially review it just yet, I can tell you that I immediately ran to buy the book right after watching it! And I didn’t just download it to my iPad or Kindle (though I was tempted… instant gratification!), but I bought the book itself, because I have a feeling it will become a classic that I’d love for my daughters to read one day.
THE HELP opens in theaters everywhere on Wednesday, August 10th. For more on the film, please visit:
- Official website:www.thehelpmovie.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/thehelpmovie
- YouTube: youtube.com/thehelpmovie
- Twitter: twitter.com/helpmovie
Giveaway is closed. Winner has been notified and is listed HERE.
I have a fun prize pack, pictured to the right, that any fan of THE HELP will surely love.
- THE HELP t-shirt in adult female sizes of S, M, L, or XL
- THE HELP pocket jotter & pen
- THE HELP fan
- THE HELP nail file/mirror
To enter, please leave a comment below.
Ideas: Why do you want to see this movie? Have you read the book? What do you think about the actresses cast in the film? Who will you go see it with?
For extra entries:
- Subscribe to my feed by feed reader or email (or let me know if you already do). 1 entry
- Follow me, @ohMariana, on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway one time using the Tweet button below, or copy this- #TheHelpMovie comes out on August 10th! Enter to win a fun prize pack at #TDB: http://thedomesticbuzz.com/?p=13784 – 1 entry
- Like The Domestic Buzz on Facebook. 1 entry
Contest ends August 15th, 2011 at midnight EST. US and Canadian entries only, one person per household. Leave a separate comment per entry and a valid email address. Winner, chosen at random, has 3 days to claim their prize.
Disclosure: I was invited to a press screening of THE HELP in Washington, DC. Prize provided by DreamWorks Pictures publicity.