Did you know that each year the United States Congress names April 30th as El Día de los Niños?
It’s a great effort meant to support the intellectual and emotional development of young people. More than 100 cities across the nation will celebrate this day with parades, book festivals, hands-on activities, and more! To see a list of El Dia de los Niños events around the country, visit http://www.nlci.org/programs/DLN/Main/Map.html.
Peep and the Big Wide World has been appointed as the featured guest at this year’s El Dia de los Niños celebrations. A science and math series for preschool age kids, it’s a sweet cartoon that my daughters love. Available in Spanish on V-me, Peep has expanded its bilingual episodes and activities, and will even be launching a new website soon.
Join us to celebrate Día de los Niños on Twitter with @peepchirpquack!
- Date: Tuesday, April 24th
- Time: 1pm – 2:30pm EST
- Hashtag #PEEPDia. You can also follow the party on Tweetchat here.
- Hosts: @OhMariana @LatinMami @MamaLatinaTips @SassyScorpYM @RubyDW
- Moderated by @SpanglishBaby
- Special Guests: @peepchirpquack and @WGBH_KIDS
- Prizes: Three winners will each receive: $50 Amazon Gift Card and 1 PEEP and the Big Wide World DVD
- Please RSVP via Twtvite.
To be eligible to win, you must join the party and participate during the hour with an original tweet (RTs not eligible) using the #PEEPDia hashtag and answer the giveaway questions.
Disclosure: I’m being compensated to co-host and promote the Twitter party, but all opinions are my own.