Do you watch The View? I think it’s such a fun show. I’ll admit that I don’t watch the news regularly, but I’m confident I’ll hear about the most important headlines on The View everyday. Barbara Walters is a role model to just about every woman, Joy is hilarious, and the others really complete the group. I love the segments where the co-host share their “favorite” things and secretly envy everyone in the audience that gets to take it all home!
For those of you that have never watched The View, or maybe just haven’t tuned in for a while, it’s a talk show on ABC Daytime that features a panel of women from different backgrounds discussing anything and everything, from the latest headlines to who was kicked off American Idol the night before. They speak their minds and don’t care what people think.
The View consists of:
- Hot Topics. Mondays are dedicated to this, and they’re also discussed the rest of the week during the beginning of each episode. For example, last Monday the ladies talked about the Tiger Woods apology, credit card reform, and had a very serious discussion with Indiana Senator Evan Bayh.
- Celebrity interviews. Last week’s big names were the controversial cast of MTV’s Jersey Shore, and Nadya Suleman, “the Octomom.” The latter cracked me up. It was worth watching just for her crazy laugh!
- Experts in their field. Fashion designers, doctors, nutritionists, authors, politicians, etc.
- Themed shows. Usually pre-recorded, the ladies frequently devote an entire episode to one topic. Autism, for instance, or infertility, like last Thursday’s show that included Giuliana And Bill Rancic.
- Entertainment. There are often musical guests, as well as short Broadway performances. I love Mario Cantone’s award show recaps. I never miss those!
The View started back in 1997, and thought I may not have watched the show everyday back then, I’ve been watching it regularly since 2005, when I became a stay-at-home mom. I don’t usually watch TV around my kids, so I’m lucky to have a DVR and can catch up on The View after they’re in bed. I realize that not everyone has this luxury, but you do have an Internet connection so you can watch the last 5 episodes online, in their entirety! This upcoming week you can expect to see Robert Pattinson, Lisa Kudrow, and Valerie Bertinelli on the show, among others.
Have you heard about the exciting The View sweepstakes that’s currently being run at Mom Central? One lucky winner will be randomly selected to receive a trip to New York City to watch a taping of The View! Today is the last day to enter, so hurry! Here’s the link to to sign up: http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22A5X7KF2CZ. Good luck!
I am a participant in a Mom Central campaign for ABC Daytime and will receive a tote bag or other The View branded items to facilitate my review.