A few weeks ago we had the opportunity to attend a WNBA game in DC. The Washington Mystics versus New York Liberty. I hadn’t been to a basketball game in years, ever since I was a teenager and still lived in Texas. I had wonderful memories of watching the Lady Longhorns, and hoped this game would live up to that. It seemed like it might be a fun girls’ night out, so I invited my sister-in-law and my niece, as well as two of my husband’s cousins. Along with my girls, it ended up being 7 of us total. I wasn’t sure if the baby would make it through the entire game, but I decided to chance it. And I’m so glad I did!
I’m not a sports fanatic, so I didn’t expect to have as much fun as we had. From the start, the atmosphere was electrifying and the audience involvement kept everyone on their toes! Lucky Bunny, the Mystics mascot, walked around the entire arena throughout the game, cheering and posing for photos. My girls, along with just about everyone else around us, were screaming, dancing, and clapping their hands. It felt like a pep rally, super-sized.
The Mystics are terrific role models. Marsy and her 3-year old cousin were able to see team work in action, and learn that sports aren’t just for boys. My only disappointment? It all went by too fast! Before I knew it, it there were only seconds left in the game, with Liberty in control of the ball.
But the Mystics didn’t disappoint and won the game by one point!
Ultimately, I was impressed by how exciting, affordable, and family-friendly a WNBA game really is. For a little more than it costs to go to the movies, we were all thoroughly entertained for 2 full hours.
There’s still over a month left in the season. Plenty of time to take advantage of these amazing discounts!
- Atlanta Dream – Get $25 seats for $15; Get $19 seats for $12 (Excluding 8/23 vs LA, where you can get $25 seats for $24 and $19 seats for $18.
- Chicago Sky – Up to 34% off the regular ticket price.
- Connecticut Sun – Get $18 seats for $10; $22 seats for $18; $27 seats for $23
- Detroit Shock – Get $15 lower level sideline seats or $50 VIP seats.
- Indiana Fever – Buy 1 ticket and get 1 ticket of equal value free.
- Los Angeles Sparks – Get 15% off tickets in all sections
- Minnesota Lynx – Get $8 seats.
- New York Liberty – Get 33% off tickets and $10 parking.
- Phoenix Mercury – Get $43 tickets for $16; $26 tickets for $10.
- San Antonio Stars – Get over 50% off the gate price.
- Seattle Storm – Get 50% off all Storm tickets.
- Washington Mystics – Get $35 tickets for $15.
Visit TicketMaster.com/wnba, click on your favorite team, and enter the promo code WNBABLOG to obtain your discount. You don’t have to be a blogger to be eligible for this promotion. Children under 3 are free (at the Verizon Center) so no need to leave them at home! Be sure to confirm this with your local venue, however.
A big thank you to the One2One Network for providing us with a fantastic night out!